Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hmm...what do I need to change in Provo today?

So as I was thinking about what I wanted to write about I was thinking about everything on campus, things I like, things I don't like, and what could be an interesting topic to write about. I pretty much thought of everything that has already been beaten to death by rumors, opinion editorials in the past, students talking on campus. Pretty much all the pros and cons of BYU have already been said and done; dress code, cheating, swearing on campus, pda, the "marriage degree". Even those who don't go to BYU know all about these things.

I decided to instead go in a different direction on what I wanted to write about. When I was driving home I was trying to think of the things that irritate me about living here. And stop light after stop light, detour after detour, my 5 minute drive home became a 20 minute drive home. And so there you have it, I will write my oped on driving in Utah county, mainly focusing on the light system with construction details.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being engaged!

    What I can't seem to wrap my mind around is the fact the the state of Utah is CONSTANTLY under construction. It really aggravated the traffic (which already isn't the best). Oh Utah!

    ReplyDelete